Saturday, November 06, 2004

update

Oh great blog masses forgive me, I needed a little time to digest recent events and deal with my physical life...but I have been researching like mad and am back to contribute to my virtual life.

It occurs to me that I have not previously posted anything about one of my favorite dailies

Television Without Pity - tv show recaps

so a few years back I got totally addicted to Big Brother, this was actually a good thing, as I was traveling extensively on biz and it gave me
a) something to talk about with 30-ish co-workers
b) something to look forward to (biz travel can be bleak)

A warning is that this is geared towards adults, comedic profanity but usually a good read.

Next I will say that they are a little snobby, both in the way they write about the shows they review and in what they choose to cover, sometimes banning shows before they have caught on, then refusing to bring them into the fold - this irritates me.

Lastly, it can be a bit confusing trying to figure out their nicknames for show characters.

So why the hell do you like'em, you ask?

There is some really great, witty writing going on there, and if you are tivo-less, forgot to set the recording, or just need to kill about 6-15 web pages of time at work, these are very thorough re-caps.

No comments: